The GNOME SHACK!
It is a pick storage unit, a craft in action, a never-ending evolving gallery…
BUT MOST OF ALL IT IS OUR HOME FOR NOW!
Something that many do not know…
Is when we move, we move with just a limited amount of stuff.
So I pick, thrift, yard sale, flea market, estate sale & auction to make a new place our home.
1) Picked the pallet the The Hub never took apart…so went through scattered pickings and ended up with the idea of the tar sap cups flower pockets!
2) Picked the galvanized gas can which holds the locally made wood Sweet Vidalia Onion!
Since we have not gone in yet…
Let’s check out my now Beloved Southern Front Porch…
Gnome Shack Style!
And we are not even inside!
1) Retro Orange Pretzel Tin Can…it travels with us…for now!
2) Got the awesome never been used 1970 hammock at an Estate Sale in Savannah!
The Porch Conversation Area!
1) Got the Porch Swing at the Peaches to Beaches 700 Mile Yard Sale and then painted it!
2) I bought 4 ladder back chairs with very damaged seats and came up with this design for what I love to call my “Porch Lounger”.
3) A 75 Cent Table that I decoupaged and painted!
Now, Let’s Go Inside!
The Front Siting Room, Which Doubles as a Guest Room!
Our place is small!
1) Couch was bought at a Savannah Estate Sale.
2) Retro Folding Chairs Travel with us as well as vintage wood/metal boxes
3) My painted framed photography also travels with us…for now.
4) Most on mantel is for sale, except Gnomes!
We do not have an official entry way/foyer, so I had to make one!
And here it is!
1) Coat Rack I made from pallet board and thrift knobs.
2) Thrift store Mid Century Shelf turned Shoe Rack.
3) A Men’s valet for keys and extra coats recently bought at a flea market.
4) Sandal bin is vintage enamel pan recently bought at a yard sale.
Two More Views of the Front Sitting Room!
Or More like Picking Storage Spots!
1) Vintage suitcase Valet turned side table with painted glass frame turned tray!
2) Picked Very Rustic Wood stool, Thrifted Mid Century Clock & Junk Store found Antique Chimney Screen!
To the Left of this Sitting Room is our Bedroom.
And there it is!
Okay, it is also a bike, craft, arts and tool supply storage area!
1) Suitcase night stands and stairs for old cat to get into bed are also used for storage.
2) I recently bought the missing drawer dresser on the cheap, repainted and such, and there you have it.
3) Mid Century Shadow Box / Bar Mirror for my pretty up area.
4) Lights over dresser are yard sale found trouble/mechanic lights.
5) Circle Art are Yard sale found Needlepoint hoops with some material scrapes and some material I personally designed!
6) Tool, Arts & Crafts Supply Shelf bought at a Yard Sale.
7) I made the Hat Rack out of Pallet Board and Thrift store Knobs
Now Back into the Front Sitting Room! You can go straight through it to get to the Dining area of the very large Kitchen.
I’m realizing it is very mid-century in there!
1) Table we brought, but will probably sell before we leave.
2) Tension Pole Light in corner is very much for sale.
3) Shelves on both sides are filled with picked decor pieces, photos, kitchen supplies and a bar supplies.
4) Beloved Step Stool was picked in a junk shop.
5) Art on wall was picked recently and for sale!
Through the dinning area is the kitchen!
The Kitchen Side of the Huge Room.
1) Yes I have vintage hand strainers as wall decor and canvas carpenter bags as recycle bins!
The Main Kitchen Corner!
1) I made a light out of a dog chain, a vintage soda shop glass crate, a colander and an Ikea light fixture.
2) The decor on top of the fridge is part of my picked galvanized metal collection.
3) And counter storage is in vintage tin colanders!
The Other Side of the Huge Kitchen is the Laundry Room!
1) Old gas stove burner grates for wall decor!
Through the middle of the Large Eat In Kitchen is the Family Room!
View from the Door…this is where we spend most of our time at home!
View from the side with Wall of Windows.
Big Overstuffed Chair The Hub has had for, maybe, 15 or more years!
The Rest of the Family Room!
1) Wall Decor Over Couch is a piece of old factory life. It states the days that has gone by without any accidents. The numbers can be changed on the back. Picked this as a gift for The Hub…who is a safety freak.
2) Other Wall Art is My Photography.
3) Cat Throne is vintage blue suitcases, an old moving blanket stuffed into the top one and a vintage piece of chenille bedspread covering to make it pretty! And yes, that is our 18-year-old cat asleep, wheezing, snoring away on it!
4) The desk is an old chrome and Formica table yard sale pick!
5) Round Table picked at a Junk shop.
6) Side table are part of my old wood food box collection!
7) Wood piece in corner is the bottom of a mid-century coffee table!
Almost Done Touring The Gnome Shack!
The Tiny White Bath!
And the very stained sink!
But this little room holds some of my favorite pieces!
1) To left of toilet is a vintage galvanized metal miners milk can recently picked
2) To the Right is vintage adult and child’s enamel chamber pots.
3) Under the sink is an antique maple sapping bucket with a recently picked stool and metal box that I have had for maybe 20 years.
4) There are curtains on the wall close to the sink, not because there is a window, but a door. In renovating, I guess they forgot to take the door out!
That is the Gnome Shack!
It is home for now.
I used to say, “Home is where my Backpack is”
But now Home is where The Hub and His 18 Year Old Cat is.
All the things…
Are just ships passing us in the night.
We help it all find it’s forever home…
If we did not adopt it ourselves!
If you are interested in buying anything you have seen in this post or are interested to see what I do have for sale,
Please Visit My Online Shop…
If you can not find an item in the photos that you are interested in buying, please comment below and I will get back to as fast as I can.
Thank you for visiting OUR OWN BIG WORLD…
We Hope You Like it Here!